Saturday, October 17, 2009

Popping in to say "hi!"...

Ok, I've been a bad little blogger these last few weeks. I've gotten into my obsessive patternmaking mode (again), and haven't really stopped to post. I do have a couple of tidbits of news to share:

1) New Sis Boom Pattern!



Jennifer and I debuted our newest Sis Boom pattern collaboration last week, and we are so in love with how it turned out! Emily is a very sweet bell sleeve tunic with a unique keyhole neckline. You can make it in a range of lengths, and it goes just perfectly with leggings and jeans! And check out the Sis Boom embroidery designs on both of the little models' jeans...what a fun way to extend these gorgeous motifs across an outfit!






Thanks so much to our photographers Annie and Mari for the incredible pictures! Big thanks also to our great group of testers (especially Tom, who provided lots of great tips for making the round collar attachment a breeze)!


2) FREE Patterns (and a TV spot)!

YCMT has an awesome treat for you! Go on over and download Festive Vests and Fancy Filled Tutus for FREE until 10/31!


I had the honor of sewing up a couple of the vests for a segment on Studio 5 on KSL-TV in Utah. The little boys who modeled them were very composed and handsome, and their tutu-wearing little sisters were completely adorable! Kim did a great job demonstrating the steps of making the tutu, too!!! You can watch the segment here on the YCMT blog!

3) More patterns in the works!

The grown-up version of the Emily Bell-Sleeved Tunic is with the testers as we speak! Jennifer's stylish mom was the inspiration for this beautiful, flattering top. The round neckline is so divine, and the tunic is just incredibly comfortable and easy to wear. You can see the original design here on Jennifer's blog...soon I'll be sharing pics of my lovely mom modeling as well :) !

I'm also working on a much requested Scientific Seamstress eBook...it is the grown-up version of one of my most popular patterns for girls and boys. I've already made a few prototypes for myself and my hubby, and lets just say we are enjoying "lounging" around in them ;)!

4) Another princess tutorial is coming SOON - (I'm hoping to finish up and get some pictures early next week)!

That about sums it up - I'm popping back out now....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo - another princess? Cant wait to see who it is!!
Hmm - are you in some easyfit pants??? How big will they go up to??? Im keeping my fingers crossed for plus sizes!!!!!

cupcake studio said...

Oh, those patterns with the Sis Boom fabric are oh-so dear! Wish I had a little girl :) Great stuff!

Cathy said...

What lovely little models for your new pattern...Congratulations to you and Jennifer...we love the collaboration results!!! Those appliques are fabulous too! Great pattern and I am looking forward to another princess installment!

AmyB said...

Oh my goodness - adult Easy Fits??!!! I will be in Heaven! I adore the new pattern, but I'm gonna have to wait for the grown-up version since Megan is getting all grown up these days. I guess I can wait since I still haven't finished my own Meghan dress yet. Not to mention the Vampiress version of the Meghan dress that she has requested for Halloween.

Shannon said...

LOVE, love, love the new pattern! SOO cute - and paired with the embroidery designs - well, it just doesn't get any better!

Courtney said...

WHOOO HOOO to all of it!

I have always wanted my own pair of Easy Fits! :) I am hoping, and assuming, that is what the new pattern is! :)

phins_jazy said...

I would be in heaven with easy fits in plus sizes. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the patterns! I've got a little girl of my own, and am always looking for comfy and cute things to sew for her.

If you're looking for sewing opportunities for volunteering, or anything else sewing related, take a quick peek at We All Sew, it's a brand new web-based sewing hub.

www.WeAllSew.com

Anonymous said...

Love the patterns by you and Jennifer!